The Locks / Little Kaukauna
Little Kaukauna lock is located at the community of Little Rapids—located six miles south of De Pere. This lock sometimes goes by the name Little Rapids and the name refers to the set of rapids tamed by constructing the nearby dam. The lock in use today was constructed after the original was washed away in the 1930s during a early spring thaw and high-flow event. The original was located a bit north of the present lock, close to the locktender house. The large brick building near the locktender house is the original Little Rapids Paper Mill which used the hydraulic power created by the dam to drive its machinery.
Street Address: 1856 Little Rapids Rd., De Pere, WI 54115